Tuesday 14 April 2015

1/16 IDF M50 (Build)


I've been making parts for a couple of guys who are building IDF M50/51's. I thought these tanks are based on the HVSS Shermans and as I have no spare Tam hulls I didn't think about making one. But then I came across this pic-



M50 with VVSS. So with some of my test/waste parts I set about building my own IDF tank-



Here's some of the printed parts-




I'm using the late pressed wheels (D)


And this is how it looks so far










Managed to get a bit more done -


A few hull parts, three piece transmission cover, and the grousers on one side.


Got a few more bits and pieces done-




All most ready to paint-




1st undercoat-





OD primer-



Base colours and unit markings-




Almost done (it looks completely different in daylight)-





The end result can be found HERE

3D printed parts can be found on my SHAPEWAYS page


1 comment:

  1. Hey Warren. Love your work. I'm trying to design grousers/duckbills for my HL sherman. How did you design yours to attach to the stock track? Is your STL available to download? appreciate any insight

    ReplyDelete