Monday 6 August 2018

Hooben 1/16 T55

More pictures after the jump

The build can be found HERE

1 comment:

1. Very nice work. Why Hooben doesn't make this RTR from out of the box I will never know! As it comes from the factory in a big pile of parts, with indifferent and incomplete instructions, and missing important parts without which it can't run, this is possibly one of the most popular yet ignored armor kits in existence. I have nothing but a wild guess just how many of these (very under-engineered) T-55 kits have been sold to hobbyists but it must be in the thousands. Meanwhile many of the buyers must have suffered some form of "buyer's remorse" upon opening the box only to realize how much more components were needed to make it run! And maybe someday, some enterprising soul will finally put together the missing components (electronic servos, transmitter, control unit/receiver, wiring, connectors and battery) all in a ready made, plug and play kit of the missing goodies to make this T55 out of the box ready!
    If I had a buck for every Hooben T55 sitting in his box incomplete, missing parts and gathering dust in closets all over the world I'd buy the Hooben factory AND re-engineer this unique little tank model and sell em to the world in ready to run form... oh well, maybe someday, and (unfortunately) not by me!

ReplyDelete