Saturday 23 November 2019

1/16 T-35 (Build)

While I set up my new CR10 printer I set my D4x printing Dean_Rauch's T-35 off Thingiverse-
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3064387

I used up some unfinished reels of PLA  that I had lying around so it's a bit messy-

(some of the detail parts are in resin)




Hull joined together

Hull top-


This was going to be a quick print and build but then I decided to redo the wheels and suspension





Test fitting the side armour brackets and front wheel assemblies. 
 

Printed out a turret ring for the main turret-

Made bushes for the idle wheels and return rollers-




Drive sprocket has 3 small magnets behind the holes that match the magnets in the cover
 

Now I can easily get the cover off, if I need to.

Running gear done

120+ track links on each side (using cut down HL Tiger pins). I printed the tracks in resin, not sure how long they'll last.

All done-

Testing out the running gear-

A bit bouncy over an obstacle but a bit of added weight will stop that.

Made some bolts for the towing hoops-

Almost done-
 
Undercoated-


4 comments:

  1. VERY nice! I'm building this T35 as well. It has been a lot of printing and work to assemble, but I'm about where you are now with the assembly. They will be awesome when completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm building one too, adding details and lighting. Do you know what the wire reel in front of the jack is for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Awesome model! I hope to finish mine too... got a lot of problems with the suspensions... do you have a material list for them? The springs that are availble here are not usefull for this kind of project... hope you can help! Kind regards, Erik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last comment is from me, Erik Horn. Please givd me a pn if you read this. erikhorn@gmx.de... don't know why system stamped me as anonymus😂

    ReplyDelete